Although Minneapolis isn’t typically considered a hot vacation destination, it’s full of activities for families, couples, or the lone traveler. Not to mention, May is one of the few months of the year that Minnesota enjoys temperatures above zero degrees. So, take advantage of the rare, pleasant weather and explore Minneapolis this Memorial Day weekend! Here are a few things you shouldn’t miss while you’re there:
1) Go for a bike ride. The Twin Cities are well known for their extensive web of bike trails. In fact, if you’ve got the time, you can navigate the city entirely by bicycle.
2) Hang out at the Walker Art Center sculpture garden. The garden is one of the world’s largest urban gardens, and features the iconic Spoonbridge and Cherry sculpture (locally known as “The Cherry on the Spoon”). The gardens are a perfect place to spend a memorable, low-cost afternoon.
3) Go for a dip in one (or more) of Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes. Minneapolis locals spend a decent chunk of their free time at the beloved chain of lakes, whether it’s swimming in the summer of ice skating in the winter. Each of the four lakes has several beaches, where you can cool off from the pre-summer heat.
4) Eat out. Check out restaurants along Eat Street, a street dedicated food. And, be sure to stop by local ice cream chain, Sebastian Joe’s for their one of a kind Raspberry Chocolate Chip ice cream.
5) Learn something. Since Minneapolis is frozen over for half of the year, residents have to figure out how to occupy themselves indoors, which explains the city’s great museums (or at least that’s my theory). Check out the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, The Science Museum of Minnesota, The Walker Art Center, The Minnesota Children’s Museum (but it’s really only fun if you’re under the age of 7), or, the one-of-a-kind Mill City Museum.
They call it the Windy City, but we all know that it’s much more than that. Chicago’s incredibly vibrant energy (especially in the springtime!) can be felt throughout the city, whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure. Never has there been a shortage of things to do in Chicago… even when the snow is piled up higher than your head.
So, rumor has it you’re thinking about heading to Chitown for the weekend. That’s great! Check out this awesome hotel room at the Marriott in the heart of the city. I mean, why wouldn’t you? It’s going for only $50/night! And no, this is not a joke.
See this great deal and more, only on Roomer.
Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.
Memorial Day is only a few weeks away and if you’re looking for a great excuse to get away for the weekend, look no further than Roomer. We’ve created a list of some of our most exciting (and discounted!) deals on hotel rooms for Memorial Day Weekend.
Vegas, Baby! That’s right, someone made a reservation at the Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas and now he’s selling his reservation on Roomer for 25% off!
Also for sale at a fantastic price on Roomer is a hotel room in the classic yet gorgeous New Yorker Hotel. Memorial Day in NYC, anyone??
Looking to celebrate Memorial Day in the NY-area for under $100 a night, we have a deal for you!
See all of these great deals and more, only on Roomer!
Watch this one minute video and help us bring Ashton Kutcher to Roomer during his visit to Israel next week! Find us on Twitter with the hashtag #AshtonVisitRoomer and spread the word!